Saturday, September 13, 2008

what are people like? A hurricane bigger than your own state comes for a visit and you decide to stay in.

"When I woke up, my bed was floating in the house," said David Daubuisson, a handyman who narrowly escaped from his home in Bayou Vista. "I just took what I could and got out."
AT about 8am this morning, Hurricane Ike slammed down on Houston, in my home state of Texas. Nearly a category 3 storm, the hurricane delivered 20 foot wall of waves and whiplash winds. Fuck me. Despite officials belting out urgent orders for people to evacuate homes, some cowboys decided to stay fixed in their easy chairs and split open a brewsky. "It's not a time to play chicken with the storm," U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said on Friday. Two words spring to mind: NO SHIT. Hurricane Ike slams into populous Texas coast | International | Reuters
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 Comments:

Anonymous ruth looneyfish said...

Hey amy,

are all of your family and friends in Texas out of the way of Ike and OK?

much love, ruth xxx

7:34 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

yeah, they're all in austin so they're just getting rain. I had no sympathy when my dad told me about their next week's forecast. yeah and....?

thanks for the thought. x

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home