Saturday, July 26, 2008

less is more?

It's the ultimate in laziness blogging other people's writing. Apart from my best friend Maria, who blogs beautiful short stories on occasion, I secretly think it's a bit of a cop-out for writing your own original thoughts. But I understand the appeal, hence I'm doing it now. Basically, it's called To Lazy To Add To De.licio.us (can never remember where the period goes). I hate de.lici.ous. Maybe this is due to the fact that I probably don't tag things correctly - whereas my friend Mark is sensible and only uses a selection of maybe 30 tags, I've created about 200 and they're all equally random and arcane. Anyways, no pomp and circumstance about this little gem, which I reckon I got off the Guardian website. Nor do I have anything to add that isn't self-evident.

Less news in American newspapers

Almost two-thirds of American newspapers publish less foreign news than they did just three years ago, nearly as many print less national news, and despite increasing demands on newsrooms - like blogs and video - most of them have smaller staffs, according to a study by the Pew Research Centre and Tyler Marshall, a former foreign correspondent for the Los Angeles Times. Based on a written survey of editors at 259 newspapers plus interviews with some of them, you'll find more about its findings here.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home