Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Mozzeltof

I had a dream the other night that still plagues me. Tokyo & New York were two sides of the same coin.  Night turned to day, people I met turned to cobwebs, and the sky, a steel gray, began to fill with rain. I walked out from the shelter of the building's awning and gazed down to one end of the city and then the other. My memories began to turn inside out in my flesh. I walked into a dry cleaners, seeking clarity. Three brothers in chef whites and angry faces worked industriously inside. One turned to me and his stony face cracked into a warm smile. I began to work with them until my mother came in. Then I said, "Mozzeltof." Then I work up. Does anyone know what they hell mozzeltof actually means? I've looked online, but as you probably already know, we are in a post-post modern age and Google is not God. Is mozzeltof one of those ubiquitous words, that means everything and nothing? mozzeltof (uses of) "You're pregnant, mozzeltof." Ernie's been writing online for five years. Mozzeltof! Unless you're Israeli, in which case...go crazy. Mozzeltof. ???

Blogged with Flock

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Your description of your dream is eloquent. I haven't had many dreams I remember or wrote down lately. I was thinking of getting a digital recorder to combat the laziness of not writing anything down or thinking I'll remember things for when I'm more awake. but then again, maybe I'll be even less inclined to talk out loud when I'm half asleep.

I had a dream recently I had foreskin.
Or is that too much information. Feel free to delete this.
but let me tell you , it was weird.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it means good luck or congratulations... both are it's meaning...

8:17 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for the clarification!

Maybe the meaning has become diluted (as with the examples I found).

4:44 AM  
Blogger noiselesspatient said...

i had a dream i was attacked in a nursing home by a duck whose beak was broken to a stub.

mazel tov

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you all are wrong. it means to life. its a toast.

4:53 AM  
Anonymous lew said...

URBAN DICTIONARY Jan 26, 2009 ... Mozzeltof - 1 definition - When a man ejaculates into a yamulke and then shoves the cum filled yamulke into the girl's face. lmfao thats a new one on me but i'm not jewish.. for those of you who dont know what a yamulke is its that jewish hat thing

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazal tov (מזל טוב) literally means "good fortune" in Hebrew.

Alternative spelling of mazel tov

from wiki

hope this helps

9:35 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for the on-going tips.

Usually these things are contextual. In this case, knowing myself, i was probably tired of working and thought 'thank god, an excuse to stop.'

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home