Monday, July 30, 2007

Another Director Bites the Dust

Ingmar Bergman (1918-2007) Sorry to be so crass, but when I finally made it back to my office today at 3.30pm after a long hard morning meeting in Battle, I wrestled with the work computer, got firefox up & then saw the news on the BBC website. WHAT???! It was only week before last that Channel 4 put on a week-long retrospective of his life & work. I knew I was going to be busy in the evenings, then away in Birmingham so I asked Stuart from Feelinglistless.com to record it for me since I knew he'd be watching it (and he did, kindly sending me some bonus CDs as well!) Bergman (not to be confused with Ingrid, as so many people do) is in my all time top 10 list of film directors. Unfortunately, I'm still totally exhausted from the weekend to wax lyrical, but here's a nice little write up from Stuart's site: "I hope I never get so old I get religious." -- Ingmar Bergman

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home