Saturday, June 16, 2007

Pictures from trip to the States

You'll all be happy to know that I *did* manage to survive the 33 hour journey from Austin to Brighton via New York. How I managed it I will never know. From finding myself in Queens on the E line stop at 2 in the morning to chatting to a groggy Maria at 4 in the morning to camping out in Newark at 6, I never knew if I was in the US or the UK half the time. Despite all of the complicated logisitics, evertyhing went smoothly & I made it back to my house in Brighton fairly well-rested.

Today is sunny, but not near as hot as Austin. My room is a bomb site, I'm going to quietly become addicted to DayQuil (I have a cold), but life is good. Henrik B is playing & I will be at Slackers tonight to get a good dose of broken beats & booty-shaking bass.

Here are a few pics of the 200-something I took while in the States. I'll be putting the rest on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/amyriley/). There's more from the reunion on the SLC site (http://www.slc.edu/alumnae/reunion/photos/index.php) Thankfully, there's no messy ones in there -- but there are loads of me & my yellow t-shirt !!

Unfortunately, I accidentally left my camera in my mom's glove compartment so I didn't get pics of ALL the shenanigans in Austin, of which there were many. Que lastima!

I hope to see everyone in the States if not later this year, then next year. Two more weddings (Jamie in NC & Irina in Mexico). Who knows?









Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

It's too bad we were able to hang so briefly in NYC. I will see you In September, right? I can still crash with you, right?

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home