Saturday, May 27, 2006

Moan

I'm not a happy bunny today. I've seemed to have ruined everything I've touched in the past 144 hours, not to mention a mindless photocopying task on Friday, which pissed off my co-worker. The Chinese volunteer who doesn't even speak English didn't manage to botch up the mailing the way I did. My ONLY consolation was that I didn't frank the envelopes for £4.44 like some of my colleagues did. Oops. To err is human, I guess. Essex-boy and I have had a stormy week, and most nights he spent on his colleague's sofa, which I guess meant I had the bed to myself. We've been doing each other's heads in and not managing to see eye to eye. It's a critical time and I'm not sure which way the wind will blow. For me, things feel as precarious as a house of cards. Relationships are never perfect, and ours has certainly been fraught due to a fundamental difference in temperaments (note the temper in that word) and personalities. You do drive the person you most love crazy, but how much craziness is acceptable and how much of it is the point where you say "I've had enough"? Besides that drama, I had a relatively good week. I set up a spreadsheet listing all of the writing competitions and publication deadlines per month. I also managed to send 6 stories for the 31st May deadline, which is an all-time first for me. Organised? It might become my middle name. So writing is up; money and love life are down. I need to stop chain-smoking or else my tobacco stock will also follow suit. Annoyingly, I had my passport application returned for a second time. Jesus christ. This is always the way when I have to deal with the Home Office. They didn't even return my passport photos. I guess the light at the end of the tunnel is the fact that I found out I can apply for dual nationality. The thought of it makes me happy, but the realisation that it's going to be another fun-filled bureaucratic nightmare makes me cringe. You've all received notification that I have a new piece on Brighton Fusion. Yes, after months of talking the talk, I've finally gotten off my lazy ass and wrote something. I've been busy - honestly! I hope the dust settles soon and I can return my ever-sharpened mind back to Novel #2. I need some sort of miracle, actually. If anyone finds one on e-bay, let me know. PS Hope you like the dog. My friend found it, and I've taken it in as my own.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gabs said...

Sure one will turn up, tis the weather for miraculous doings.

Fetish night at Harlequin tonight? should be amusing...

11:55 AM  
Blogger Shiny Mc Shine said...

Hello Amy;

Sorry, you left me a comment ages ago and I'm alternately too busy and apathetic to do anything about it. Cheers for the link. Love the world's ugliest dog. Glad you've been Phone Mast Dave spotting along with me.

Splendid. Glad you find the bloggue funny. It has it's moments, I think. I would link back to you but I don't really know how to do links. But yes. Good blog also. Marvellous.

Anyway. Good luck with the skirt finding and the window-pressing behaviour.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi Shiny Mc Shine

Nice to hear from you.

I always like to read about strange happenings in other pockets of Brighton that I would otherwise never know about. Makes me feel warm inside knowing that there are other people out there being stupid in new & inventive ways :)

Amy

8:45 AM  
Blogger Shiny Mc Shine said...

Yeah, it's true... I think it's something about trying desperately to walk the line between having-too-much-time-on-your-hands and being-really-really-busy that causes such a "being stupid in inventive ways", or even a "being inventive in stupid ways"

I should probably draw your attention to this little bit of ale-infused procrastination;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bumpoowilly/87162162/

We've ticked quite a few off and added a few to "Part 3"...

Anyway, hope you're well lassie.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home