Thursday, May 04, 2006

I've been tagged!

As a precursor for getting on with my writing for the evening, I thought I'd do something *really* stupid: this.
Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along. My friend, [info]darklyscarlett in New York, tagged me and I must complete the mission. I got an N. A thought has just hit me - oh fuck. What the hell do I like that starts with N????
  1. Noodles - dried, tubular, preferably dry
  2. Nike - just don't do it. People, come on. Really. I still don't understand how there are people in the world who still haven't cottoned on to the fact that these multinationals are pretty fucking evil. Yes, they do exist (the people, I mean).
  3. Nightshade - deadly. Obviously.
  4. Nabil - a person I worked with who was from Bangladesh. A deeply grumpy man with a dry wonderful sense of humour.
  5. New York - forever a love/hate relationship, probably one that will last a life-time. I love the fact that after years of knowing it in so many ways, I still found myself riding down the bus from the Upper East side down and felt as if I could be in Barcelona. Strange, isn't it?
  6. Nails - I chew them. A lot. It's a bad habit I've had since I was a kid and I periodically stop, mainly when I get into the nail salon habit. Last summer I had a beautiful set of nails. Long. Everyone, even beauticians, asked if they were real. Then one day I was playing frisbee on Hove Lawns and one broke. I've lapsed since then. Chewed, dirty, smudges of magenta nail polish and rough cuticles.
  7. Naive - who isn't at some point? Fuck old souls, learning through experience, getting old gracefully, etc. I doubt I will ever experience everything in my own lifetime - why pretend otherwise?
  8. Neon - love it. At night, in the rain, it's magic. One night in Pisa, a place the tour books rubbish, I found myself tripping out on too much grappa, walking over wet cobblestones, neon light reflected over everything.
  9. Nine - why do cats get nine lives? There's something not very many people know the answer to.
  10. Nigiri - is what I always order when I go for sushi. I guess it ain't a bad thing to have sushi on the brain. Nigiri or stamina set. I get really pissed off if the fish isn't fresh and firm enough. Lots of miso soup, plum wine and lots and lots of raw fish. No ginger, maybe not even soy sauce. I like sitting up at the bar, watching the chefs prepare the tuna and picking up plates when I'm feeling greedy. I feel most at home when I go for sushi by myself, even if I am alone. But I do go off it sometimes, so in moderation.
Sorry this wasn't especially profound - N is a hard letter to process. Also I must go! x

4 Comments:

Blogger Gabs said...

sushi&neon good, nail biting bad :)

5:08 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I know - it's one of my worst habits. At the very least, my nails look tidy, if not short!

So, tag - you're it. And the letter is H.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Gabs said...

Thanks :)

H...

12:36 PM  
Blogger Gabs said...

Hiya, I have Tagged two people, Jon with a "V" and h'trope with an "E", hopefully they'll enjoy it as much as I did :)

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home