Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fucking hell !

Have you heard about this? An 18-year-old in Kent was fined £80 for swearing when talking to a friend on the street. This is outrageous. The war on anti-social behavior in the UK is getting worse, and I think young people are being treated badly. Yeah, no one wants to be terrorised by a bunch of ASBOs who are throwing rocks at your window, but it seems any person under the age of 21 is being targetted simply for exisiting. In Brighton, Churchill Square has banned anyone from wearing hoodies up. If you were a 45 year old sporting a hoodie, I'm sure that'd be fine. Under 18? Forget it. BBC Kent News Metro The lone voice of approval of the fine comes from some old geezer in Wales, who called it a 'sensible' response to public swearing: "So it is natural for us "oldies" to applaud when someone does something about disrespect." I'm a Welsh twat Fuck off. Swearing is one of the most free and enjoyable freedoms I can think of. I want the police to protect people from all of the idiots on West Street who think it's okay to touch women, after spending hours getting legally leg-less. I want them to combat white collar crime and go after all of the millionaires who cheat the system via use of tax shelters and paying workers wages that they can't even live on. Stop shitting on people from great heights. Fining young people will never force respect from them.

2 Comments:

Blogger S. Lewis Silverwood said...

I used to get moaned at a lot by my ex-girlfriend's family for swearing. One time they said "This is a sign that you have a limited vocabulary."

I just looked at them and said "Bollocks."

They decided that this meant they had won the argument. The fuckers.

2:59 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I actually find it offensive when people feel they need to police your language. I once had a bus driver in high school pull me aside when we were getting off the bus. He said, "A nice girl like you shouldn't be using such bad language like that." I wanted to tell him to fuck off, but instead I just told him to mind his own business. When you've spent your adolescence being a good girl ie not doing drugs, you need to have at least one bad thing. How dare he judge me.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home